There is currently fierce competition on the labor market for the best people. However, the classic method of recruitment and selection does not always fit in well with the perceptions of the new generation of talent. Organizations want to gain insight into the other qualities of those talents, such as the ability to change.
Attention for Candidate Experience and Employer Brand
Selection procedures must be fast, attractive and beneficial to the participant. The more positive the experience (Candidate Experience), the better the image of the employer (Employer Brand). That is becoming increasingly important to attract the most talented people!
The Gamified Assessment is a varied and dynamic program. On the assessment day (on location at the organization) a group of candidates experiences a day in the life of a (management) trainee, for example. It is a unique experience to be able to imagine a typical day in your future job and your future company. A lot of attention is paid to ‘fun’ and self-development.
What will this produce?
- A challenging Candidate Experience
- Strengthening the Employer Brand
- A short and clear selection process
- A final report with the results of the day
- A direct decision on whether to accept a candidate or not
- Fun and attention for self-development
What does this mean?
At the start of the Gamified Assessment Day, each participant is given a smartphone or tablet with their agenda. They also receive additional information and relevant feedback.
Below you can read more about the Gamified Assessment ‘A day in the life of …’ that we regularly use on selection days for (larger) organisations.
The Gamified Assessment Day includes several components. This can vary by day, by target group and by organization:
- In advance: online assessment
- Reflection and Feedback exercise
- Pitch – What is someone’s role and added value within the organization?
- Dilemma test – How does someone respond in complicated situations?
- In-depth interview
- Group game
- Individual role-playing
- Workshop, for example: Dare to be there, Storytelling or College Tour
- All participants receive a report with the results of the day.
Candidates become closely acquainted with the organization
A Gamified Assessment takes place in close partnership with the client. It is organized on location at the relevant organization and the assessment is performed jointly by LTP advisors and professionals from the client. Candidates walk through the building, take in the atmosphere of the company and get to know the people who work there. This is also a good opportunity to provide company presentations or workshops. Candidates can therefore form a realistic image of the organization and consider whether they want to be part of it.